Friday 18 October 2013

Video podcasting - results of first experiment

In a previous post "Video podcasts: Real learning or virtual learning?" I explained that I'm taking part in a trial of video capturing of lectures and other material. The software we are using is Panopto. 

I thought I would post the result of one of my early experiments with the setup. You can view the (short) talk direct in the Panopto viewer (no plugin needed) at
http://uwe.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer/Default.aspx?id=c7fcc062-d579-4c1d-9644-76a6eaf634db

In case you just want a general impression, this is what the viewer window looks like:



Two video streams are captured in this example, a camera feed (with a not very flattering camera angle!) and a feed of the presentation or other material which is being projected from the PC to the screen.

The event can also be exported as a video, either as "picture in picture" or one stream only.

No evaluation yet - I'm still getting accustomed to the setup. Please watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment